Sekonic 70th Anniversary Edition, L-398A STUDIO DELUXE III Analog Light Meter
- The 70th Anniversary Edition comes in burgundy color with rose gold accents, a special display box, "70th Anniversary" on the meter's front panel, a special leather case and strap
- Instant reading of full range of aperture/shutter combinations
- Amorphous photosensor eliminates need for batteries
- Swivel Head to position incident dome and maintain full view of display
- Continuous reading plus needle lock for easy and accurate readings
- Lumidisc for adjusting illumination contrast and measuring illumination intensity
- Lumigrid for measuring reflected light (30 degrees light receiving angle)
- Memory pointer retains prior reading
Over the years, one product became the symbolic hallmark of the Sekonic brand, the Studio Deluxe series. Today, the L-398A Studio Deluxe III continues to be a favorite of traditional photographers, educators, and seasoned cinematographers.
We are honored and appreciative, that you have invested in a piece of our long history and wish you continued success and passion, as you celebrate the art and creativity of the still and moving image.
The Sekonic L-398A's swivel head allows you to hold down the metering button and "walk the set" to check light levels. Release the button, and the needle locks down the meter's analog display needle for easy-to-read exposure calculations. Exposures are displayed for both still and cine applications.
Incident measurements can be taken with the over 180-degree Lumisphere for general readings of three-dimensional objects, or with the Lumidisc selective area readings, measuring the lighting ratios between highlights and shadow areas or light falling on flat-field objects such as artwork, measurements outdoors or under bright studio lights.
For reflected readings, a flat Lumigrid replaces the Lumisphere.
If you plan on shooting with a fixed ISO and shutter speed, an optional Slide Set (Direct Reading Slides) that make it easier to take readings in fast-paced shooting scenarios.
The Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe III makes an ideal prime or back-up meter for still or motion picture shooters.
What's In the Box
- Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe lll 70th Annviersary Edition
- Start-up guide
- Lumisphere (For Decoration with rose gold ring)
- Lumisphere (For Measurement with black ring) (attached to the meter)
- Special leather case and neck strap
- Display box
- Greeting Letter
- Safety Precaution
- CE Distributor List
Limited 1-year warranty, with 2-year extension* upon online registration and is backed by our outstanding customer supoort team.
The L-398A 70th Anniversary Edition is not returnable except in cases of malfunction covered under warranty.
*Warranty extension available in USA only.
- Catalog Numbers
- US Catalog No.
- International Catalog No.
- JG70 (All countries)
- Metering Type
- Amorphous Photo
- Measuring System
- Exposure Meter
Incident light: Swivel head, lumidisc removable
Reflected light: Removable, 30 deg. with lumigrid
- Measuring Range and Mode
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light
- T priority, F priority, CINE (f/s priority), FC
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Incident Light
- 4 to 17EV
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Reflected Light
- 9 to 17EV
- ISO Range
- ISO 6 to 12,000
- Aperture Range (Ambient Light)
- F0.7 to 128 in 1, 1/3 step
- Shutter Speeds Range (Ambient Light)
- 60s to 1/8,000s in 1 step
- Frame Rate Range (Ambient Light)
- 8, 18, 24, 64, 128
- EV Range (Ambient Light)
- EV1 to EV20
- Yes (1 memory with indicator)
- Operating Temperature
- 0 to 40 deg. C
- Storage Temperature
- -20 to 60 deg. C
- Power Source
- No battery (amorphous sensor)
- Weight (lb)
- Weight (g)
- Product L x W x H Inches
- 2.28 x 1.34 x 4.41
- Product L x W x H Centimeters
- 5.8 x 3.4 x 11.2